Tax Alert – Portugal – Changes to Monthly Stamp Duty Declaration
We have an update regarding monthly stamp duty declarations in Portugal. Starting from 1 January 2020 for the first return on 20 January 2020 the new monthly declaration will require more details.
The details that will have to be reported are:
– Tax number of the policy holder (who bears the cost of the duty)
– The relevant article of the stamp duty code applicable to the situation
– Location (mainland, Azores or Madeira)
– The legal basis for taxation in Portugal
– Applicable exemptions
– If the entity is acting as a representative
– Tax base
– Tax due
The official declaration can be accessed here.
If you have any questions about what details are necessary to complete the returns, please get in touch with a member of the team at email@example.com